How to choose the Best Espresso Machine?
The savor of an espresso pulls you away from your warm bed and keep your mind consciously every morning. However, not everyone included you has enough time to make their own cup by the manual way every day. Fortunately, we are living in a convenience world and you are able to buy the best espresso maker every time as long as you want
There are various types of espresso machines such as semi-automatic coffee machine, super-automatic coffee machine, or single-serve coffee machine being available in the market today. The selection of the best espresso machine is not as easy as when you buy other products. As you prepare to invest in an espresso machine at home, you need to take the characteristics and functionalities into consideration as well as the pros and cons of it. This article will provide full information about espresso machine reviews in order to help you find one that suits your preference and it should be placed in your kitchen.
What is the best espresso machine at home?
Espresso Machine Reviews
If you prefer semi-automatic models, there are many available options for you because of many branches in the market manufacture this model. The reason why a semi-automatic type is popular is that users can adjust different variables to perfect a shot. For example, they are able to tamp pressure, adjust brew time, etc. Besides, to make a good espresso drink it takes longer and uses different techniques. This limitation is also a point that you need to take into account.
Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine Reviews
To choose the machine that fits your style, let’s take a quick look at three semi-automatic models as bellows:
|Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker||5.3 pounds|
|Breville BES870XL Barista Express||23 pounds|
|Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Maker BVMC-ECMP1000||9 pounds|
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Overall, comparing the technical specifications, the key features as well as the limitations among these branches of the coffee machine, Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker is outstanding, not only is because of its advanced features, but also the price is very affordable. This machine is sure to meet the demands of people who prefer brewing good coffee beverages at home. Moreover, the way to use this machine is very simple that do not make difficulties for anyone including beginners. It is clear that Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker is the best Nespresso machine for home.
#1. Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker:
- Easy insertion and ejection of capsules; For use with Nespresso coffee capsules only
- Compact brewing unit technology; Fast preheating time: 25 seconds; 19 Bar high pressure pump
- 2 Programmable buttons for Espresso and lungo preparation
Energy Saving: Having power save mode An energy saving mode automatically switches the machine off after 9 minutes.
Control Panel: Programmable, one-touch buttons including Espresso & Lungo.
- Fast preheating time: at only 25 seconds.
- A 19-bar high-pressure pump helps to produce premium-grade beverages.
- A 24-ounce removable water tank and the folding cup tray.
- Small, compact and lightweight model: perfect for small or overcrowded kitchens.
- An inbuilt mechanism: simplify inserting and ejecting capsules.
- Affordable price.
- Lightest machine – Wide range of fashionable colors.
- Can only use Nespresso capsules.
- Making some noise when brewing.
#2. Breville BES870XL Barista Express:
- Dose-control grinding: integrated conical burr grinder grinds on-demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground Coffee directly into the portability for your preferred taste with any roast of bean.
- Precise espresso-extraction: digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal Espresso extraction.
- Micro-foam milk texturing: the steam wand performance allows you to hand texture micro-foam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art.
Energy Saving: It will go to standby mode after an hour from the last use, then goes off if 3 hours go by without it being used. Energy is conserved while the machine is not in use.
Control Panel: Control Dials, A button for the filter size.
- Purge function: automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature.
- Easy to clean.
- The temperature adjust makes it possible for one to tune to get the finest shot.
- It has ample water tank space with optional filters in case of impurities.
- Works silently and does not produce noise.
- Hard to tune.
- Making a mess before the coffee actually tamps down.
- Being not fast enough for commercial use.
- Not being quite hot enough and the grinder does not hold as much as it says.
#3. Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Maker BVMC-ECMP1000:
- Semi-automatic 3-in-1 espresso maker, cappuccino maker, and latte maker
- 15-bar pump system brews rich-tasting espresso coffee
- Trouble-free automatic milk frother removes the guesswork
Control Panel: An one-touch control panel.
- Removable Water Reservoir fills and cleans easily at the sink.
- One-touch control panel: to choose from a single- or double-shot of espresso, cappuccino, or latte.
- Very easy to use and clean with an auto-cleaning function.
- Automatically froths milk into cappuccino and latte selections.
- Fast beverage preparation time.
- The two delivery spouts are far apart, it is very careful when placing the cups under the brew head.
- Lack of specifications on some of the parts such as no mentioning of the water and milk reservoir sizes, the diameter of the portafilter basket and power input.
- Making very noisy.
Super-Automatic Espresso Machine Reviews:
This type of machine is made for precision, speed, and convenience. It will take responsibilities on grinding the coffee beans, tamping and extracting. All you have to do is simply filling coffee beans into the bean hopper and refill water. Therefore, if you are a person who loves controlling processes. This model may be unsuitable. In contrast, if you are into the features that are definitely convenient, this one is totally for you.
Take a quick look at the following super-automatic models to choose the best automatic espresso machine that suits your preference:
#1. Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker, Electric Titan:
- Easy insertion and ejection of capsules. Compact Brewing Unit Technology
- Thermoblock heating element - Fast preheating time: 30 seconds
- Folding drip tray accommodates tall recipe glasses - Automatic and programmable coffee volume quantity
Energy Saving: Consuming up to 40% energy (A – 40%)
- Taking a few seconds to have a cup of coffee with the fast thermoblock and an improved water circuit
- Compact design: fits in any kitchen.
- Featuring an infrared warning light and fiber optics that help users know the exact time for a refill and a new coffee.
- Empty water tank alert: Switching off automatically after 9 minutes at an interval of 30 minutes.
- No mess, no fuss, and no cleanup.
- The used capsule can be recyclable.
- Small water tank: have to refill it more often.
#2. DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica:
- Patented "Cappuccino System" frother that mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth
- Easy-to-use rotary and push button control panel with programmable menu settings and beans container capacity is 8.8 ounces.Coffee grounds container- 14 cups or after 72 hours from first use. Maximum cup height- 4.25 inches
- Grinds beans instantly with the patented, compact and easy-to-clean "Direct-to-Brew" system. Use your favorite coffee beans to create your perfect espresso. Beans with less visible oil, usually a medium roast, are recommended for best grinder performance
Energy Saving: N/A
- Being able to adjust coffee and water to fit individual tastes
- Easy to use a panel with programmable menu settings.
- Creating a rich creamy froth by mixing steam and milk in the special chamber.
- Being able to make several cups in a row.
- Cleaning up is extremely simple with the decalcification auto program.
- Quite a noise.
- The timer is not to be automatic.
- A bit difficult for the operation because of no user markings on the knobs.
- Can easily breakdown under harsh circumstances.
#3. SAECO HD8857/47 Philips Exprellia EVO Fully:
- Latte perfetto technology: professional dense foam
- Double boiler for fast and professional results
- Customizable Settings
Energy Saving: N/A
- Having a unique ability to remember 6 different profiles, individual preferences need only be programmed once.
- Having an adjustable conical grinder for producing perfectly ground beans on demand.
- Having an automatic 2- step cleaning cycle.
- Having temperature problems.
- Extracting inconsistent results.
Let’s take a look at the Espresso Machine type!!
- A semi-automatic coffee machine is designed with a commercial style portafilter handle or a pressurized portafilter handle. The basic functionalities of a semi-automatic machine include a boiler, a portafilter and a simple on/off switch in order to perform the extraction. The semi-automatic coffee machines are classified by the boiler, heat exchanger including Single Boiler, Dual Use Machines; Single Boiler, Heat Exchange Machines, and Dual Boiler Machines. Each class has different advantages and disadvantages regarding the price, the function, etc. More to the point, Single Boiler, Dual Use Machine is the cheapest option. It contains one boiler and two or more thermostats inside that controls the water temperature for steaming milk and brewing espresso. You have to switch a flip to change from milk streaming to coffee brewing. However, Single Boiler with Heat Exchange machine is more expensive. It includes one big boiler for steaming milk and a heat exchanger. The good point of this type is that it allows for streaming milk and extracting coffee simultaneously. Finally, Dual Boiler Machines are designed with two boilers, thus their price is the most expensive. These machines allow for steaming milk and brewing espresso at the same time.
- A super-automatic coffee machine has many functionalities including grinding the beans, tamping, brewing coffee and steaming milk in many ways. The model is designed in plenty of shapes and sizes, especially it is equipped with a water reservoir. The best convenient point of this type is that all processes of making a cup of coffee such as steaming milk, grinding coffee, pulling an espresso, making drink are done just by pressing one button. When compared the quality of coffee that these machines produce to semi-automatic machines, many people agree that the semi-automatic model produces a better drink.
- The single-serve coffee machine is the easiest to use. You need to load capsules into the machine, then pushed the on the button, and the application will do the rest processes. With single-serve type, before brewing espressos, you do not need to grind the beans, fill the filter, as well as tamp the grounds.
Each machine has its positive points, also negative points. In general, the easiest way to pick up a perfect coffee machine that is suitable for you is to look for your using purposes, the prices, the features, the technical specifications or just to keep reading this article!
In the hustle and bustle of life, Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine maker, Electric Titan is absolutely the optimum choice for everybody. With faster heating processes of this machine, you just need to wait within 20 to 30 seconds to have your coffee. Furthermore, this machine is equipped with an adaptable cup holder, thus it can be easy to adjust to the coffee type that you are into. Many users choosing this type of coffee machine not only is due to the stylish appearance of it, the quality of materials, the affordable price, but also the tasty coffee that it produced.
In conclusion, it is really hard to select a coffee machine among plenty of it’s in the market today with a wide range of coffee machine types such as semi-automatic and super-automatic models. Depending on your preference as well as your purposes, the first thing you have to do is to identify which type of coffee machine is suite for you? Semi-automatic or super-automatic types? Then comparing them by taking those features, technical specifications, the quality of coffee and reviews, to make your final decision without regret!